West Lothian Council, its suppliers and other parties involved in creating and delivering this website's contents are not liable for any damages arising from use of this site.
Copyright of the content of the council website - consisting of design, text, graphics, images, source code and other materials - remains at all times the property of the council or with associated third parties.
The council grants permission to electronically copy, and print to hard copy, and otherwise to use information from this website only for private or educational use, and in terms of the legislation on .
The Council will use its best endeavours to refrain from using material in which the copyright belongs to another party except where permitted by law or with the consent of the copyright holder. Where appropriate, the council will acknowledge copyright belonging to third parties in relation to any such material used.
The council strictly adheres to the No personal information you have given to us will be passed on to third parties for commercial purposes. However, all information will be shared amongst officers and other agencies where the law allows it. If you do not wish certain information about you to be shared within the council or other agencies, you can request that this does not happen.
IPayImpact, as electronic payment processing service provider for schools, confirms that it has achieved Level 1 PCI-DSS accreditation status and all its procedures adhere to PCI-DSS requirements. IPayImpact acknowledges that it is responsible for the security of cardholder data which it possesses.
As PCI DSS level 1 accredited provider this ensures that all card processing on behalf of the council is managed and audited in line with payment card industry security standards and the council's requirements.
Site Use Policy for West Lothian Council Schools Social Media Channels
The council accept that those using these Social Media Channels have a right to free speech. However, the council reserves the right to remove posts and any part of their contents comments without notification, including those which:
- bully, harass or intimidate any individual, group of individuals or organisation
- are unlawful, libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive
- infringe or violate someone else's rights
- breach the law
- discuss ongoing legal proceedings which may result in allegations of contempt of court
- may result in the council breaching the legal restrictions on using council resources to produce or facilitate party political publicity, especially in periods immediately prior to elections and referenda
- are spam
- advertise products or services
- are irrelevant or off-topic
- are disruptive
- are repetitive.
The council will also remove or block any user who:
- continues to post comments such as those listed above
- uses offensive images as their profile picture, for example, sexually explicit images
- has an offensive user name.
These lists are not exhaustive and will be updated as necessary.